Herman Legal Group, LLC
Richard Herman is a nationally recognized immigration lawyer and immigration activist. He is the founder of Herman Legal Group headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. The firm specializes in immigration law in cities such as Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit-Dearborn, Akron, Toledo, Youngstown, Dayton, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati. The law firm also offers its clients a wide range of general practice services in Ohio and Michigan only.
Richard has vast legal experience in the field of immigration law and has received several prestigious awards and recognition by both peer and industry groups. Through promoting diversity and the advantages of capitalizing on a diverse workforce, Richard hopes to help immigrant populations become more visible and accepted.
“Some people say globalization and international competition is a bad thing, but I see the intensity immigrants bring here to their businesses and their jobs,” says Richard. “A lot of the folks I represent don’t speak English very well, or at all, yet they work their businesses 80, 90, 100 hours a week… immigrants are an advantage.”
While being at the top of his practice, clients find Richard to be caring, friendly, easy to talk with, and genuinely concerned about their situations. Richard prides himself on assembling a dedicated and talented team of immigration lawyers who all work diligently to find the very best solutions for his firm’s clients.
Areas of Practice Family-Based Immigration Employment-Based Immigration Student Visas Naturalization and Citizenship Deportation, Exclusion and Removal Criminal Defense Personal Injury Employment Law Family Law
Years of Practice 28
Bar Admissions – State of Ohio
– U.S. District Court, District, Ohio
Awards – Earned an “AV” rating by Martindale Hubbell, the highest skill and ethics ratings based off reviews from peers and judges
– Lead Counsel rating in Immigration Law by the Lead Counsel Review Board (2013).
– Clients Choice Award and Top 10 rating as an immigration lawyer on the law website, AVVO.
– Voted for inclusion in the 2015 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
– Voted for the 10th year in a row to be included in the Super Lawyers magazine.
Education – Case Western Reserve University School of Law
Professional Associations – National speaker for New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s initiative, Partnership for a New American Economy, a national coalition of over 400 CEOs and mayors who make the case that smart immigration makes America stronger and economically more vibrant.
– Co-founder, Go Global Cleveland, a nonprofit organization that encourages the Northeast Ohio region to adopt a global outlook and to embrace cross-cultural business alliances and global connectivity.
– Co-founder, TiE-Ohio, a chapter of The Immigrant Entrepreneurs Association based in Silicon Valley. The chapter helps encourage immigrant, international, and minority entrepreneurs to launch businesses in Northeast Ohio.
– Cleveland Council on World Affairs.
– Global Detroit.
– The Legal Aid Society of Cleveland.
– Former Civil Rights Director of LULAC Ohio, a chapter of The League of United Latin American Citizens, the largest and oldest Hispanic organization in the U.S
Co-Author, Internationally Acclaimed Book, Immigrant, Inc.
Herman Legal Group founder Richard Herman is a global advocate for immigrants. He truly believes that immigrants embody the strength and promise of America. Passionate about the advantages of immigrants in the U.S. workforce, Richard co-authored the internationally-acclaimed book, Immigrant, Inc.: Why Immigrant Entrepreneurs Are Driving The New Economy, a powerful interweaving of success stories and research that will forever change the way you look at immigrants – and America.
On A Personal Note A lawyer without borders: Richard’s passion for immigrants and immigrant rights resonates with his own family life. A Cleveland, Ohio native, Richard practiced international business law in Moscow. He is married to Dr. Kimberly Chen, an internal medicine physician born in Taiwan. Raising two children and exposing them to as many cultures as possible, Richard sees the world becoming more blended an interconnected each day.
216-696-6170, or 800-808-4013
910 West University, McKinney, Texas
1244 East Boulevard Charlotte, North Carolina
1900 West Stadium Blvd., Section C, Suite 2, Ann Arbor, Michigan
815 Superior Avenue, Suite 1225, East Ninth, Cleveland, Ohio
6660 North High Street, Suite 3E, Worthington, Ohio